Objective: One of the most important environmental factors affecting academic achievement and performance is the family especially mothers. The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between quality of life (QOL) and the academic achievement of pupils with the employment status of their mothers.
Methods: This cross-sectional study was conducted on 9th-grade students in Shiraz. A sample of 400 individuals was selected through a multi-stage sampling method from among the 9th-grade students and a questionnaire on academic achievement and quality of life was completed for them. Then data was entered into spss23 software and analyzed. The value of P <0.05 was considered a significant statistical level.
Results: there was no significant difference between students who have employed and Housewife mothers about the student's academic achievements ant QOL score (P>0.05). According to the results of multivariate analysis, none of the variables was a significant predictor of the QOL and academic achievement in the students.
Conclusion: The results of this study showed that there is not a significant association between the quality of life and academic achievement of students with their mothers' occupation
2. Ghanbari N. Survey of behavioral disorders in students of elementary Khuzestan Province. Project research, Educational organization Khuzestan Province. 2010.
3. Tabatabae N, shahabodin k, yazdan m. The relationship between identity styles and responsibility with academic achievement in adolescents aged 15 to 18 in Tehran. Quarterly Journal of Social Welfare. 2012;12(44):23-42.
4. Najmi SB. Correlation between personality traits of parents and type of behavioral disorders in children. Journal of Fundamentals of Mental Health. 2010;12(46):33-522.
5. Haahr JNTH, Martine. Explaining student performance. Danish technological institute. 2005:36-7.
6. Varni JW, Limbers CA. The pediatric quality of life inventory: measuring pediatric health-related quality of life from the perspective of children and their parents. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2009;56(4):843-63.
7. Bisegger C, Cloetta B, von Bisegger U, Abel T, Ravens-Sieberer U. Health-related quality of life: gender differences in childhood and adolescence. Sozial-und Präventivmedizin/Social and Preventive Medicine. 2005;50(5):281-91.
8. Viira R, Koka A. Gender differences in health-related quality of life among Estonian adolescents: a 6-month follow-up. Acta Kinesiologiae Universitatis Tartuensis. 2012;18:84-93.
9. Nik-Azin A, Naeinian MR, Shairi MR. Validity and Reliability of Health Related Quality of Life Questionnaire “KIDSCREEN-27” in a Sample of Iranian Students. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology. 2013;18(4):310-21.
10. P SMKKA. sychological tests. Tehran: Publishing and editing.
11. Mitchison D, Mond J, Slewa‐Younan S, Hay P. Sex differences in health‐related quality of life impairment associated with eating disorder features: A general population study. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2013;46(4):375-80.
12. F S-S, NA, Ansarimoghadam A, A FM. study on Family communication
patterns on quality of life in adolescents. J of Counseling and Family Therapy. 2011;1(1):101-14.
13. ARSANJANI SA, JAVADIFAR N, JAVADNOORI M, HAGHIGHIZADEH M. A STUDY OF HEALTH-RELATED QUALITY OF LIFE AMONG FEMALE HIGH SCHOOLS ADOLESCENTS IN AHVAZ IN 2014. 2015.
14. Abedini Y. Predicting students academic achievement according to their self-efficacy beliefs, socio-economic status and academic disciplines in students. Contemporary psychology. 2011;6(2):57-70.
15. Alipour A, Yaseri M, Maheri A, Garmaroudi GR. Health-Related Quality of Life of High School Students in Tehran, Iran. Journal of School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research. 2017;14(4):57-72.
16. Atadokht A, Mohammadi I, BASHARPOOR S. A STUDY OF ACADEMIC PROCRASTINATION BASED ON DEMOGRAPHIC VARIABLES AND ITS RELATIONSHIP WITH ACHIEVEMENT MOTIVATION AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. 2015.
17. Mohammadi M, Mirzaei M, Tavakoli Hosseini A, Tabatabaee SH, Aghili H, Bidbozorg H, et al. The Survey on the Effects of Educational and Occupational Status of Parents in the Academic Achievement of Dentistry Students at University of Medical Sciences of Yazd in Academic Year 2014-2015. Paramedical Sciences and Military Health. 2016;11(1):38-43.
18. Zahra K, Somayeh G. The prediction of educational neglect based on quality of life, emotional control and attitude towards teachers in Yasuj high school students. the 1st national congress of healthy family. 2015:307-14.
19. Chiman Mn, Mohammad H, Shekoofeh K, Jamal R, HALALE M, editors. The relationship between quality of life and academic achievement among students in the sixth grade Piran city. 6th International Congress on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; 2013: Tabtiz university of medical sciences.